Saturday, May 26, 2012

MIA

Sorry I've been MIA this week but boy has it been busy!  I got home from vacation Monday and I've been running ever since.  It all started on our way home.... We have been looking at buying a new car in the last few weeks. I knew what I wanted but finding it was the hard part.  I wanted a Kia Soul Exclamation but they are like finding a needle in a hay stack.  I found one a few weeks ago but it was red and I really wanted green.  We stopped at a really big Kia dealership on the way home and I found my car!  I was so happy.  Hard part was that we had to completely unpack the old car and transfer everything over to the new car.  The picture below is of us driving off the lot.  I really wish you could see how full the car was when we left!


Once I got home I started working on new patterns, kits, and special orders.  I did a lot of thinking at the beach about my business and the direction I wanted to go in.  I made the decision to focus more on my online video, sales, and kits rather than worrying about our local economy and lack of local support.  I love doing my videos and I love the feed back I get from all of you.  So with that being said I also did a lot of thinking about my videos.  I am still going to do them but they are going to be better!  Starting with the next video, I am going to do the project and show at least 4 color samples so that people can see different colors and materials being used.  Once the video is loaded on youtube I will then upload a PDF pattern for sale at a discounted price in our etsy store.  The PDF patterns are great for people who like to have a pattern in front of them.  I know I like to have one in front of me!  Even though the pattern will be at a discounted price you can still expect to see my great step by step patterns with wonderful color pictures. We will also be listing kits in our etsy store for the color ways that you will see in the videos.  By doing this I am hoping to help the customers who have a hard time picking out colors.

By making the decision I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I still have a few other things to work out but all in all i feel like i'm on the right track.

I want to share some pictures with you of some more projects that have been made from the Beaded Fantasies book.  One of my favorite customer Laurie bought the book about 2 weeks ago and tackled the book cover project. She did a great job and it turned out wonderful!

Kim also worked on the project from Page 18 and this is the result:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, Great Car!!! I love the idea of showing color samples of the projects. I always have a hard time choosing colors for my projects. I will be checking out the etsy site for PDF patterns. Love your videos.
You always get close up shots that are easy to see. Thank you for all you do for us, your youtube fans.

Sherry

Translate