Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Bead Projects

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged.  One of my New Years Resolutions this year is to do more beading projects that are out of my norm a little bit.  Or shall I say things that will keep me interested in my business.  I worked on two such projects today!  The one shown below is a Two Drop Peyote Stitch bracelet.  This is a stitch that I don't do a whole lot just for the mere fact that I don't like to do just plain stitches.  I normally like to embellish it bases like everything!  The project below was my Try-It-Tuesday video for this week.  Two weeks ago I taught how to do basic even count peyote stitch so this weeks is two drop peyote!



This was the second project I worked on today that got me out of my box a little bit.  Again, it required Peyote Stitch but this was more like structural Peyote.  I don't normally like to do projects like this one because it is so meticulous but I was thrilled with the results.  This, what I call, Droid Bead can be found in the current issue of Bead and Button Magazine. You can either do 1 for a center piece or the author did 3 and made them into a necklace. You will probably never see me make three of these for one necklace.  If I did it would be for myself because no one would ever pay what I wanted for a necklace with three of these beads on it!  This beaded bead was made using 4mm Red Magagma bicones, size 11 tan delicas, size 15 matte brown seed beads, and size 15 olive seed beads.  I went to the shop and got some crystals to make a necklace for it today but needless to say, it didn't get done!



The next few projects I tend to work on are for the following pictures. These were wonderful beads that my sweet husband got me for Christmas.  The crystals below are the new Navette style crystal. The large one is Red Magma and the small one is Light Colorado Topaz.  Not sure what they will be yet but whatever they end up being they are going to be FABULOUS!



I think Sammy ordered these buttons from Jennifer Jangles but I'm not sure.  I'm pretty sure that all 4 are going to be new wire wrapped rings.



Right before Christmas, mom and I went to the Southern Christmas show in Charlotte NC.  On our way home we stopped at a Bead Shop in Charlotte that I had never been to.  I found this Rivoli and fell in love with it!  It's Vitrail Medium, which is not a color that I am gaga for, but I love the shape. I think that this too will become a new stitched ring.  I've got to work on getting some Rivoli's this shape in the store!



These two pendants are pieces that I ordered off ETSY.com right before Christmas. They are made of Polymer Clay and I love them!  You know I had to have the Owl since I think they are super cute and I have to show a little team spirit. GO OWLS!  Plus I have this huge fasicination with trees and couldn't resist how beautiful the tree piece was.  Now, what to do with them to do them justice?



And finally, I wanted to give you a sneekie peek at what I am working on.....I have started working on a piece to enter into the Bead Dreams competiton at the Bead and Button Show.  This is my stash of Rose Montees that I will be using for the project.  I will keep you updated on the progress of my project as I go.  Although, I don't have much time to dilly dally because the deadline date will be coming up soon.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Translate