Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Broccoli Cheese Soup

My life is beads but every once in awhile I try something new and I have to pass it on. Tonight I tried a new recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup. If you like Broccoli Cheese Soup you will love this recipe.

Ingredients:
3 cans (14 1/2 fluid ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
2 packages (16oz each) frozen cut broccoli
1 small onion coarsely chopped ( I don't like onion so i left this out)
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 1/2 cups dry Nestle Cranation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
shredded chedder cheese (optional)

Heat broth in a large saucepan to boiling. Add Broccoli, onion, and garlic. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat;

Combine dry milk, water, and flour in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into soup; season with salt and pepper if desired. Heat through. Add 1 cup cheese. Stir over low heat until melted. Sprinkle with additional cheese.

If you guys try this recipe, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Translate